The KG-144, also known as the Lightweight Decryptor Unit (LDU), is a tactical KG-44 decryptor ground unit, similar to the MYK-7A.
LOOKING FOR A PHOTO
* Satellite telemetry and mission data decryptor (KG-43/44 algorithm)
* Cryptographically-compatible with KG-43, KG-44, KG-44A, KG-44-B, KG-44LSI, and KG-B
* Half-height computer peripheral configuration
* EKMS (DS-102) key interface. Maximum data rate of 20 Mbps.
* Compliant with NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92 requirements
* Classified SECRET
* Endorsed by NSA for Type 1 applications
* Control and status via front panel or remote control interface (RS-232)
* Stand-alone, embedded, and rack mount installations (MYK-7F4 and MYK-7F6) holding four and six units respectively
* Key storage of 32 traffic keys (max)
* Cryptographic bypass, Cipher Text invert, and zeroization capabilities
* Radiation tolerant and ruggedized for multiple application installations
* Data Rate: 50 K to 2 Mbps (TEMPEST)
* Operating Voltage: 12 Vdc (110 VAC 50-70 Hz)
* Power Consumption: 7W (max.)
* Data Interface: RS-232C
* MTBF: 100,000 hours (11.4 yrs.) est.
* TEMPEST: NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92
* EMI/EMC: MIL-STD-461C
* Weight: 3.5 lbs.
* Dimensions: 1.65" high x 5.875" wide x 8" deep (half-height computer peripheral)
* Operating Temperature: 0 to 50º C
* Storage Temperature: -40 to 60º C
* Vibration: 3 g's RMS - 3 min./axis
* Shock: 30 g's - 11 msec-
* Altitude: 12,000 ft. (max.)
* Salt Fog: MIL-STD-810, method 509.3
* Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
References and Credits:
1) http:// www.safenet-inc.com/products/data-protection/space-encryption-government/kg-144-tactical-ground-unit/
Back To Menu Page