MEMORABILIA and MISCELLANEOUS -  2


iron_01.jpg
iron_02.jpg
It would appear that Canadian Marconi was in the small appliance business based on these photos. Does anyone know if Marconi made any other small appliances? If so, contact: Jerry.proc@sympatico.ca
All photos in this table by Moe Fretz 
ve3cmc_1976.jpg
This QSL card was used by the Marconi Amateur Radio Club circa 1976. (Photo via E-bay)
marconi_aerial_view.jpg
Aerial view of the Canadian Marconi manufacturing facility.taken in 1937. (Image provided by Lewis Bodkin)
marconi_aerial_view2.jpg
Another aerial view of the Montreal plant as it appeared in its heyday. (Image provided by Lewis Bodkin)

 
ve9dr.jpg
This acknowledgment card was sent out by radio VE9DR whenever the station received signal reports from short wave listeners. This was the card that was in use  prior to the station becomming  CFCX (Image via E-bay)

VE9DR Station History:

1930:
VE9DR began broadcasting on December 25, relaying the programs of CFCF-AM, using a frequency of 6005 kHz and power of 4,000 watts. A Marconi transmitter was used at a site located at Drummondville, Quebec. CFCF was Canada’s first radio station and was owned by the Canadian Marconi Company.

1932:
The VE9DR transmitter was moved from Drummondville to Montreal.

1936:
VE9DR became CFCX.

1994:
The VE9 experimental prefix was transferred to the Province of New Brunswick in 1994 for use by the Amateur Radio Service.


 
telegram_delivery.jpg
Canadian Marconi telegram delivery messenger circa 1939. He is using a bicycle made by CCM. A Montreal city bicycle license is affixed to the left, front wheel fork.  To enlarge, download the image. (Photo via Lewis Bodkiin) 
marconigram.jpg
This is an example of a Marconi telegram from 1920 which was called a "Marconigram". (Photo by Lewis Bodkin).

 
marconi_sales_store_s.jpg This Canadian Marconi storefront was depicted during the Seventh Victory Bond drive during WWII. The store was located in the Railway Exchange Building in Montreal and the intent was to display just a small portion of the radio equipment being supplied to the military. Note the  CM11 transmitter, the CSR5 receiver and the  C-52 wireless set in the left window display.   This photo appeared in the December 1944 issue of Radio Trader Magazine.

Click on image to enlarge. (Photo provided by Lewis Bodkin) 

 
Contributors and Credits:

1) Moe Fretz <tubetester(at)gmail.com>
2) https://www.broadcasting-history.ca/listing_and_histories/radio/cfcx-sw
3) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_signs_in_Canada#1949.E2.80.931999
4) Lewis Bodkin  <05bodkin555(at)gmail,com>
 
 

Back to Home

Jan 30/18