Frequency Coverage :2100 to 4250 metres
* The 843, 844, 2843, and 2848 receivers were all part of a series. Model 843 has an audio transformer ,and extra terminals for an external tuning coil.
* This receiver is held in the collection of the Antique Wireless Association Museum.
* It is similar in appearance to the Canadian Marconi 2843
* The 1910 catalog says that all of the crystals are carborundum.
receiver. The controls are noted as follows.
On the front panel:
* The aerial tuning
condenser knob is at the lower center of the panel. This is called
an Disc Tuning Condenser.
On the side:
|843 side view.|
|All photos in this table by Lewis Bodkin|
|This is the schematic for the 843 receiver. Click on thumbnail to enlarge.. This diagram is pasted to the back of the 843 receiver held by the AWA Museum (Provided by Lewis Bodkin)|
Contributors and Credits:
1) Lewis Bodkin <05bodkin555(at)gmail.com>